Sensory Friendly Film - Big Hero 6
For some people, going to a movie can be difficult because of the loud sounds and dark environment. Imagine the impact on a child with special needs who is affected by this sensory overload.
Geisinger’s Autism & Developmental Medicine Institute (ADMI), SPARK, Supporting Autism & Families Everywhere (SAFE), and the F.M. Kirby Center for the Performing Arts are happy to offer children with special developmental needs and their families a chance to experience the joy of seeing a movie on the big screen.
Films in this series will:
• Provide a comfortable and accepting environment for those who want to get up, move around or make noise
• Feature family-friendly movies in 2D
• Begin on-time, with no previews or trailers
• Lower the volume of music and special effects
• Provide low-level lighting, instead of total darkness
Big Hero 6
Sunday, August 25, 2019 at 2:00pm
Doors open at 1:00pm
FREE ADMISSION! Donations appreciated!
Supporting Autism & Families Everywhere